Youth in service
SCHOOL OF LIFE AND SERVICE’: 15 DAYS
Young people from many different countries come to Lourdes each year. We call on
young volunteers to help them in their pilgrimage.
You can give your time, your empathy and your energy to help these young pilgrims.
The service consists of welcoming these young people and their families,
assisting groups in discovering the message of Lourdes, helping out at prayer sessions
and celebrations, giving a helping hand to the various services in the Sanctuary,
serving the sick...
During your time of service, you will live a community life by sharing tasks, meeting
young people from other countries and praying together, with spiritual formation and
• During the Easter holidays (from 3 April to 2 May 2016), you may come for one
week or more according to your availability.
• For July and August, the duration of the stay is 15 days according to the
Dates for summer Sessions 2016:
- Session 1: from 4 July to 18 July
- Session 2: from 18 July to 1 August
- Session 3: from 1 August to 16 August
- Session 4: from 16 August to 30 August
• Accommodation and community life are within the precincts of the Sanctuary of Our
Lady of Lourdes.
• Contributions to the cost of accommodation and meals: please contact us. You are
responsible for the cost of transport to and from Lourdes.
Mandatory general conditions for any application:
• To be between 18 and 30 years of age
• Minimal mastery of the French language is compulsory
You can submit your application online by sending your curriculum vitae
(CV) together with a covering letter, to the Sanctuary’s website:
We can help you organise your camp in Lourdes: discovering the message, finding out
about service, participating in the celebrations...
For service: registration is obligatory with the Youth Service or on the Sanctuary website email@example.com
For accommodation, please contact the Youth Village: firstname.lastname@example.org