Discovering Lourdes and its message
VIDEO: LOURDES, A SPIRITUAL JEWEL (FOR ALL)
Simple, concise and clear, this video presents the message of Lourdes through the life of
Bernadette. It is a good starting point for discovering Lourdes.
• Duration: 37 minutes
• All year round
• Refer to the set times for the videos at the Information Centre or make a reservation
for an alternative time (Information Centre: +33 (0)5 62 42 20 08).
VIDEO: THE “TREASURE OF BERNADETTE” - FOR CHILDREN
Animated film for children on the Apparitions and the spiritual path of Bernadette, which
you could view as a family.
• Duration: 30 minutes
• All year round
• On request at the Information Centre (Information Centre: +33 (0)5 62 42 20 08).
DISCOVERING THE SANCTUARY AND THE MESSAGE OF LOURDES
Discovering the Sanctuary can be an opportunity to learn about the meaning of the message of Lourdes through its history, the beauty of the place and the signs of Lourdes.
- Guided tour: Meet at 2.15 pm, at the ‘Crowned Virgin’ statue, every day from Easter to the end of October.
- Duration: approx. 1h30
IN BERNADETTE’S FOOTSTEPS
When you follow “Bernadette’s footsteps”, you can discover the relevance of the message of Lourdes through the places where Bernadette lived. This visit can be tailored to your needs, according to the age and composition of the group.
1 - Visit to the museum, the Boly Mill, the Cachot, the Parish Church and the Hospice (Duration: 2h).
2 – Visit to the Boly Mill and the Cachot (Duration: 1h).
- Guided tour: In July and August, meet at 2.15 pm at the ‘Crowned Virgin’ statue,
- every day (except Wednesdays).
- Create your own tour with the help of the booklet “In Bernadette’s footsteps” available at the Information Centre and the Office of the Youth and Family Service.
ON THE PATH TO BARTRÈS (UNACCOMPANIED)
Going to Bartrès, means discovering a new Bernadette, the everyday Bernadette… Walking to Bartrès, is also an opportunity to learn about Bernadette’s spiritual path towards her First Communion, towards the Eucharist. At 4 kilometres from Lourdes (it takes 1h to walk there), Bartrès, in particular the ‘Bergerie’ or sheepfold of Bernadette, is an ideal spot for relaxation and meditation…
- Takes about 1/2 day, available all year round.
- Accompanying booklet “In Bernadette’s footsteps” available from the Information
- Walking route: there is a signposted path linking Lourdes to Bartrès avoiding themain road. Ask for the map in the Information Centre.
The Little House of Bernadette
An activity centre for CHILDREN (2-14) accompanied by an adult, to discover the message of Lourdes through numerous recreational activities: making a rosary, colouring etc.
- During the Easter holidays, in July and August: Open every day from 9.00 am to noon and from 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm (except on Sundays: no morning session). Open from 2.30 pm to 5.00 pm), in the rooms of the Hemicycle, adjacent to St Bernadette’s Church.
- During the French school holidays in November and February: Open from 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm, in a room adjacent to the Information Centre.
- During the Christmas holidays (except Christmas Day and New Year’s Day): Open from 2.00 pm to 5.00pm, in a room adjacent to the Information Centre.