Coming on an organised group
Groups coming to Lourdes are usually organised by tour operators from all over the world (about 70 countries), by parishes that do not come with their own diocesan pilgrimages or by different organisations like clubs and associations. Normally they are made up of about 50 people and do not usually bring sick pilgrims needing constant attention.
Groups of young people are looked after by the Youth Service. These groups can attend Mass at the Grotto, reserve one of the Chapels for Mass, make the Way of the Cross, watch one of the video etc…
Sanctuaires Notre-Dame de Lourdes 65108 Lourdes Cedex (France)
Tél : +33 (05)5 62 42 79 03
Fax : +33 (0)5 62 42 79 76
Send an e-mail
For information about accomodation, you should contact the Tourism Office of Lourdes
For the pilgrimages organizers : the Disables Pilgrims Service
In the Sanctuary, near to the "calvaire des Bretons", there is the Disabled Pilgrims Service (OCH) where you can find :
- testimonials of disabled persons
- a training for the new or young hospitaliers : how to take care of a disabled, old or sick person? Very concrete answers based on the encounters between Mary and Bernadette.
- meetings for the families suffering from handicap or disease : sharing experience, information and help for the "after-Lourdes".
- information about mental illness
- tools of sensitization of handicap : videos, sign language workshop… for everyone, children and adults as well.