Saint Joseph Service
This service welcomes pilgrims in the various places they pass through during their stay in Lourdes.
Its principal activities :
- reception of sick pilgrims at the station or airport on arrival and departure and transfering them to and from the centres where they are accommodated
- organisation and marshalling of ceremonies
- maintaining an orderly and prayerful atmosphere at the Grotto
- welcoming all pilgrims at the entrance to the Baths
- helping pilgrims who make their Act of Faith through the Sign of Water inside the men’s baths
In service a sensible and respectful dress code is required : e.g. shorts and cut-away trousers are not permitted.
For ceremonies : dark grey or black trousers, white or pale blue shirt, HNDL tie, blazer or dark jacket.
Currently in charge : Bernard Gladin