The European Marian Network
The European Marian Network links twenty sanctuaries from twenty different countries.
The European Marian Network was formed in 2003 with the encouragement of Rome. The number of sanctuaries is the same as the number of decades in the Rosary.
The people of today are nomadic, not just in their ideas but also physically. They travel a lot.
But the nomad also requires reference points. In the desert we need to know where to find water holes. This is as true for the Christian as for everyone else. This is why, today, pilgrimages and Sanctuaries are so important.
they are resting places and an oasis in a busy world which can, so often, be a spiritual desert.
Each Sanctuary has its own particular atmosphere. Pilgrims find a source of enrichment in one Sanctuary or another.Almost every European country is represented in the European Marian Network.
The best known Sanctuary of each country was chosen.Many of them are situated behind the former "Iron Curtain".
Under different titles, the Blessed Virgin Mary is venerated in every country in different ways and by different Christian confessions. May Mary help nations to grow in union with each other and bring unity between all Christians.
The Sanctuary Animators from the members of the Network meet each year to get to know each other better and, above all, to understand better the needs of the millions of pilgrims and visitors who frequent these Sanctuaries.
List of the twenty sanctuaries in the network
- Altötting (Germany) - Our Lady of Grace
- Banneux (Belgium) - The Virgin of the poor.
- Brezje (Slovenia) - Mary Help of Christians
- Csíksomlyó (Romania) - Our Lady of Csíksomlyó
- Czestochowa (Poland) - Our Lady, Queen of Poland
- Einsiedeln (Swiss) - Our Lady of the hermits
- Fatima (Portugal) - Queen of the peace in the world
- Gibraltar - Our Lady of Europa
- Knock (Ireland) - Our Lady, Queen of Ireland
- Levoca (Slovakia) - Our Lady of the Visitation
- Loreto (Italia) - The « Santa Casa »
- Lourdes (France) - The Immaculate Conception
- Máriapócs (Hungary) - Our Lady of Máriapócs
- Mariazell (Austria) - The Big Mother of Austria
- Marija Bistrica (Croatia) - Mary of snow
- Malta - Our Lady of Mellieha
- Vilnius (Lithuania) - Our Lady of the Gate of Dawn
- Walsingham (England) - The Holy House of Annunciation
- Zaragoza (Spain) - Our Lady of Pilar
- Zarvanyzia (Ukraine) - The Mother of God in Zarvanyzia
Mme Pascale Santos
1, avenue Mgr Théas
65108 Lourdes cedex
Tél : +33 (0)5 62 42 79 02
Fax : +33 (0)5 62 42 79 76
send an e-mail